Chess Veterinary Clinic are seeking a new Veterinary Surgeon for a full time, permanent position to be based at our Rickmansworth and Chorleywood sites in Hertfordshire.
Chess Veterinary Clinic
Our Vision: ‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Chess Veterinary Clinic has been offering a high level of Veterinary Care in the Hertfordshire area for the last 75 years. A recent acquisition to the Linnaeus group and the wider Mars family, we believe in providing excellent customer service and treatment for the pets and clients in the surrounding areas. Our staff have a family feel about them and are looking for someone to join the team and share our vision to be better.
We are seeking a new Veterinary Surgeon for a Permanent position to be based at our Rickmansworth and Chorleywood sites.
We are a two-branch, first opinion practice, as part of the Linnaeus group, but the new recruit would mainly be based at Rickmansworth. We have a small team currently made up of 3 FT Vets and 3 PT Vets, 2 FT RVN's, 3 PT RVN's and 3 SVN's and a Reception team of 7 members, and everyone does a share of the work. We use Robovet as our PMS.
We use Digital X-rays for both Dental and Routine imaging and Ultrasound. We also have Multiparameter machines, endoscopy, ECG and modern Laboratory equipment for in house testing.
We have a dedicated Prep, Theatre and Dental room as well as 2 consulting rooms at Rickmansworth and 1 consulting room at Chorleywood.
40 hours a week. 4 days Monday-Friday per week (same day off every week) with 1 in 4 Saturdays 9-6pm, 1 in 12 Sunday afternoons at Village Vet St Albans and 1 Bank Holiday a year at Village Vet St Albans.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Chess Veterinary Clinic. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- TEAMWORK – Working within the team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times