Occasionally we don’t get things right and our service falls short of the high standards you are entitled to. In most cases, it is as a result of a simple misunderstanding and can be quickly resolved. Please be assured, however, we take all complaints very seriously and investigate each one promptly and fairly.
Contacting someone who can help
Please write to Mr Iain Watt, Chess Veterinary Clinic, 97 Uxbridge Road, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 7DJ
Please send your email to
Information to help us to help you
To help us deal with your query more effectively please:
- Mark your letter or email “Complaint” and keep a copy.
- Give your full name and your pet’s name.
- Give your full postal address including postcode and a daytime telephone number where we can call you.
- Outline your case clearly, including relevant dates. Set out the facts clearly in the order in which they happened.
- Let us know what you would like us to do next?
- Enclose copies of documents if these are relevant, keeping the originals.
What happens next?
If you email or write to us, please call the practice on 01923 773444, to check that we have received your complaint. We aim to respond to you within 5 days of receiving the complaint.
To investigate your complaint, we may need to contact our veterinary team, to clarify what, where and when these things happened.
After we have investigated your complaint, we will write to you explaining the outcome.
How long will the investigation take?
We expect to complete our investigation within four weeks of receiving a complaint, although in many cases it will be sooner.
If we can’t complete the investigation within four weeks, we will write to you explaining the reason for the delay.
What happens at the end of an investigation?
When we have completed our investigation, we will write to you with our decision and the reasons for it. We are then very happy to have a follow up telephone, or face to face, conversation with you should you wish.